Friday, August 22, 2014

Today is the day.

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that I'm leaving. 

In a few hours I will be boarding a plane to a place that I had always wished to travel to, and yet never believed I would have the chance to live in for the next two years of my life. And no, I can't quite believe yet that my life is that awesome. 

Many, many things are about to change. I will stop seeing some people for a long time (and I will miss them terribly). I will stop living in my (yes, it's mine!) beautiful town that I love. I'll stop eating fabulous tacos. I'll have new friends. I'll have new teachers, new subjects and new learning experiences. I will see new places, hear new voices and share different thoughts. All of which reduces to the fact that my mind will be expanding and I will, most likely, be a roller coaster of emotions in the next few months. 

Life is changing. And it feels great. 

This trip was my choice. I made the decision to leave and pursue the things I want the most: to travel, write, and never stop learning. And even though it's sad to leave SO MANY beautiful things and people and places behind, it feels great to know that adventure is out there. 

I still feel kind of lost concerning how life will be once I'm in India. I have a lot of hopes, but no idea of what will become of me after I'm done with school there too. I don't even know how Christmas will be like for me this year, or where I'll celebrate. 

But you know what? It feels great to be lost in the right direction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment