Monday, October 6, 2014

Looking for the Sacred Grove.

Even though I love living in India, there are many things that I haven't gotten used to and which bother me to the point of madness. Yesterday, my roomies and I went to the supermarket. We spent about an hour shopping, and more or less the same amount of time waiting in line to pay. No one else seemed to mind, but I was furious. Who's going to give me back that hour of my life?!

Something that also bothers me is that although the housekeepers come and clean every day, my room is really dirty! All sorts of insects live at home, and the other day I even found cobwebs under my desk. I decided to join in the housekeeper's efforts and clean on my own during the weekends. Things are getting better...but with homework, weekend activities, afternoon lessons, having to do  laundry (considering I find an empty washing machine...), having to go to Pune to buy whatever I  need for the week, the urge to explore & the need to rest...cleaning my room doesn't sound very appealing.

When Keats was having a rough day, he put on a clean shirt. I tried it too and failed miserably, but I did discover that moving around helps me relax. Besides, after having discovered how good it feels to explore (which I wrote about in this post), my sense of adventure kicked in again. Someone told me to go to the Sacred Grove, a clear in the forest that is of special importance to the hindu religion (as well as many other religions & cultures throughout the world), and I decided to go for it.


I don't know where I ended up, but I didn't find it. I walked for about an hour and I just went back because it was getting dark and technically, I was still off-Campus, although I don't think I went far. I didn't discover any new territories or something of the sort. What I did find out was that the sunset from here also looks amazing. 


Life is beautiful (although it is harder to notice when you're standing in line at the supermarket...).


My only hope is that these amazing sunsets never cease to surprise me.

Some people have been telling me that the images in the posts are too small. If you want to see them in their original size, you can visit my new Flickr account, here. I will be uploading all the images that appear on the blog. Remember you can also see my Instagram, here. If you're getting bored of seeing photos of the sunset, don't worry, I will be blogging about some other stuff soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment