Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Thoughts on the year that goes.

It's early morning on the last day of 2014. 
(At least here, in my corner of the world it is still early morning). 

The air is buzzing with anticipation, excitement and so many plans for the year to come, but it is also filled with memories, wonder & grateful thoughts for the year that is ending. 


To me, this year has been particularly fantastic. 

I traveled 15'612 km, officially making 2014 my year with Most Distance Traveled. I won a scholarship, packed my bags and moved to rural Maharashtra in what seemed like a heartbeat. I saw countless new (incredible) places. I met new (amazing) people who come from all corners of the world and whom I now proudly call my friends. I met my source of strength, my roomies. I met my loves, my latinos. I ate great food. I went away and did new things, learned new lessons, changed (a lot), made hard decisions. To top it off, I had the chance to come back home and say goodbye to 2014 in the exact same place where I received it 365 days ago. 

Who knew so many things could happen in such short time. 
Who knew one could be this blissfully happy. 

And even though this year was filled with so many wonderful things, it had its fair share of scares, tears & deceiving. I went through things that didn't make me specially happy. I cried out of frustration and helplessness. I got particularly mad & particularly sad. I have had to say goodbye to many things.


It's early morning on the last day of 2014. 
(At least here, in my corner of the world it is still early morning). 

All I am is grateful for the year that is ending because I can safely state (without fear of being wrong), that this year tops off any other in terms of the things I've done and planned for myself. 

This has actually been my best year ever. 

If this had been any other time, I would probably be asking the New Year to give me love, fortune, travel & whatnot. But with so many things that have happened, all the adventures I've lived and the wanderlust my heart is filled to the brim with...

All I ask of 2015 is to grant me the knack of knowing when to stop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment